Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Go the Distance!

 I have been having a hard time waking up in the morning lately. With finals week drawing nearer, I am really becoming a zombie. I have found that a balanced breakfast really does set the tone for your day! For breakfast I always strive to eat a protein, starch and vegetable. To help cut out some cooking time, I prepared my eggs and red potatoes ahead of time. I love boiling my eggs because it is so simple, and if I am in a rush I can take them with me. Putting this meal together the next day took less than 10 minutes and it gave me the energy I needed for my workouts today.



 Cycle really kicked my butt this morning! Each of my classmates filled out a piece of paper with a 90 second interval of their choice. What we didn't know was that our instructor was going to have us do all them. Most people put sprints for 90 seconds...if I ever find out who those people are there will be consequences! (Just kidding...kinda..) The only thing that got me through class today was the Disney playlist she had us ride to. Seriously, who knew Disney music could be so motivating? (Hercules anyone?) If you find your workouts are getting too easy for you, try adding in intervals, they make a HUGE difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment