Monday, January 27, 2014

Phase 1 recap

Whoop! I finally got over that 176 plateau I was stuck at (for almost 2 weeks might I add). I have lost 8lbs since changing my eating habits and committing to a consistent exercise routine. 8lbs in 6 weeks may not seem like a lot, but for the first 4 weeks of my journey I was focusing only on strength training and no cardio. Now that I am in Phase 2 of Jamie Eason's Live Fit program I have added in 30 minutes of cardio, 4X/week. I am hoping that now I will start seeing more progress, while keeping in mind that:

"I did not gain this weight overnight, I will not lose it overnight"

This has definitely become a journey, and one that I am extremely proud of. I am subtly noticing myself getting stronger and am actually finding myself enjoying working out. Eating correctly has been a little struggle.I do not really crave things that are unhealthy, but I just have to make time to prepare my meals in advance. It is true what they say though, your body craves what you give it. If you are constantly putting empty calories into your body that is what it will want, and vice versa.

 

I am a lover of music and believe that it can really make a workout more powerful, here are a few songs I have been listening to this week:
  • Mercy ~ Duffy (I love the beat of this song and it keeps me at a great pace when I run)
  • Girl in the Moon ~ Everly (amazing harmonies, and great for a stretching session)

No comments:

Post a Comment